1) You can be in the comfort of your own surroundings.
2) It doesn’t feel as confrontational as face-to-face meetings can be at times.
3) You can have something to focus on if you don’t want to make eye contact.
4) Remote access. You have a big convenience factor with no commute time either way.
5) You can touch up your appearance if you like.
6) You have the ability to screen sharing thus preventing the need to haul documents around.
7) Whiteboarding allowing users to draw and make notes in real time which helps with things like creating parenting plans.
8) It is cost effective especially for non-evidentiary court appearances.
9) It is simple to get set up to use plus it is free by downloading the app.
10) Google provides calendar support.
11) Counteract worry about using zoom by telling yourself the meeting will be OK, nervousness will subside and practice ahead of time with a friend.
12) Remember that during regular in person meetings it is acceptable for people to stretch, re-adjust and get water. You should feel free to do the same on zoom and not be of the opinion that you cannot move.
13) Wear proper attire.
14) Do not do anything you would not normally do at an in-person meeting like smoke for example.
15) Avoid talking over people. Only one person can talk at a time which keeps the meeting very controlled unlike what can occur during face-to face meetings.
16) If necessary you can go into break out rooms rather than having to physically get up and go into a different room in an office if there is one available.